Sunday, May 12, 2013

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I've posted on this blog but I really feel the need to today. Happy Mother's day to my wonderful, beautiful, loving mom. She has always been such an example to me and has raised the four of us children so well. I hope she knows how much I love her and admire her.

I have been trying to find ways to deal with my PCOS and I have been struggling with the infertility that comes with it. Today was difficult. My ward is so full of children and pregnant women that every conversation in the halls seems to revolve around motherhood, a blessing I want so desperately. Well, I was not doing very well today and then the primary kids sang. They sang the adorable song "Mother, I love you."

Mother, I love you.
Mother, I do.
Father in Heaven has sent me to you.
When I am near you
I love to hear you
singing so softly that you love me too.
Mother I love you,
I love you, I do.

I know these lyrics so well. I learned this song in primary. I could sing it in my sleep. But to my surprise, I did not hear the same lyrics that the children were singing. Instead, I heard the lyrics that came from elsewhere, sung straight to my aching heart.

Mother, I love you.
Mother, I do.
Father in Heaven WILL send me to you.
Though I'm not near you
I can still hear you
praying so softly that you love me too.
Mother I love you,
I love you, I do.

Happy mothers day to all  future mothers. We will all be mothers eventually!

1 comment:

Marci said...

This is so sweet, Kayla. Some day, my dear, some day it will happen. I love you!