Monday, August 18, 2008

Knee Surgery


I guess the first thing I should start with is a major event that happened in my life on friday. I had knee surgery. I dislocated my knee three years ago trying to learn how to salsa dance at a stake dance. We finally went in to the doctor and he suggested surgery. It went really well and I am up and walking around. I almost fainted yesterday (sunday) because I saw the staples for the first time. No one told me there would be staples in my knee! What kind of a sick joke is this! Thank goodness for mom being there! (I'm such a whimp!) What a great 18th birthday present...

8 comments:

THE BANGARTS said...

I was getting ready to whine cause I wasn't able to leave comments on your cute blog!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We love you so much!! Hope your new knee is everything you've ever wanted a more for your 18th b-day.

Ian N. Service said...

Great scar material! I hope the knee is doing great. Welcome aboard the blogging train.

Jennybug said...

Yay! Welcome to our blog-obsessed world. So glad your surgery went well. I think I would be a little shocked about unknown staples also!

Jennybug said...

What's your email so I can invite you to my blog?

Whitney said...

My brain feels squishy! Salsa dancing? You are a wild woman Kayla! I can't tell you how excited I am that you have a blog! I expect you to update it so I can act like I'm at college with you! Love you!

Whitney said...

I was also going to mention that I thought your Mom was a wimp too, but then I remembered when Karl slammed Alecia's finger in the door and it was hanging from a thread. I think your Mom was surprisingly calm and collected. Your family has just got to stop being gross!

Kayla said...

Hey Jenny! My e-mail is kayla_southwick@yahoo.com.

The 4 of Us said...

Nasty!! That's all I can think of to say. Have fun at your first day of college. Soooo much fun!