Friday, October 17, 2008

OUR FIRST ROAD TRIP!!!

There is a girl up here that is one of my favorite people in the whole world! Her name is Ashleigh and is my roomie's, Taura, old roommate. She is absolutely darling and hilarious! She is also very spontaneous and loves to travel. She came up to me the other day and said, "We are going to an opera in Salt Lake on Thursday. Are you going to come?" It was going to be a rehearsal night so it was three dollars a ticket (with our student discount!) and was absolutely incredible! Ashleigh drove and got us horribly lost. Her childhood friend, Frank, sat shotgun and two of my roommates and I sat in the back.
Katelynn went to a different concert so we dropped her off at a parking garage. We were lucky that the parking garage was deserted because we all changed into our "opera attire". We got into our formals (Frank was in a suit) and walked over to the Capital Theater.
The show we saw was called Madame Butterfly. Apparently it's a world famous play but I had never heard of it. They showed captions on a screen so we could understand. I definately recommend this show! It's so funny and sad!
Frank posing on the stairs.
Ashleigh...so cute!
TauraLee and Ashleigh! Looking good!
Me (wearing my $180 dollar dress that I got for $30!), TauraLee (my roomie), Ashleigh (she hates wearing dresses and curling her hair. This picture is proof that she is a cute girl!), and Frank (he stayed awake the whole 3.5 hour drive to keep me awake while I drove home.)
Ashleigh (once again) She is such a work of art sitting on a work of art!

2 comments:

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marci said...

$180, but you got it for $30!!! Wow! Way cute!

Alecia <3